Disabled Visitors To Truro
Below is some useful information for disabled visitors to Truro. If you require any further information please contact us.
Shop Mobility – Go! Truro
Go! Truro was launched in September 2008. Go! Truro is a shopmobility scheme, which allows anyone with a temporary or permanent mobility problem to access the City. The service is available to residents or visitors to the City. Go! Truro can be found at the Moorfield Car Park on the Calenick Street entrance. The centre offers the loan of a range of scooters and manual wheelchairs to the general public. The first time you use the service you will be required to bring proof of identification and you will be asked to fill in a short registration form. You will then be asked to pay a small annual membership fee to maintain the centre. The staff will then train you how to use it. This should take no longer than fifteen to thirty minutes and when you feel ready off you go! It is recommended to ring in advance to arrange the loan of your equipment.
Opening Times: Tuesday to Saturday (excluding Bank Holidays) 10.00 – 15.00
All Enquires – 01872 241813 or www.gotruro.co.uk
- British Red Cross, Lighterage Hill, Newham, Truro. Tel: 01872 267953 - Variety of medical equipment available for short term hire.
- Tremorvah Industries, Threemilestone, Nr Truro. Tel: 01872 324340 - motorised scooters as well
- Lemon Street
- Boscawen Street
- River Street
- King Street
- Duke Street
Disabled Parking in Car Parks (these incur a charge)
- Garras Wharf
- Old Bridge Street
- Lemon Quay
Disabled Toilets (we do not use the radar key scheme here in Truro)
- The Leats (behind WH Smiths)
- Lemon Street (behind phone boxes)
- Moorfield Car Park
- Old Bridge Street Car Park
- Green Street (next to the bus station)